A tab bit about me:
Hi, my name is Kellye and I am a writer, speaker, actress, and stand-up comedian who's been featured on Comedy Central, TBS, NBC, FOX, WGN, as well as several other media outlets including multiple written publications.
My primary goal is to motivate and inspire through performance and communication. So whether you've seen me at a live storytelling show, caught my latest podcast (Kellye Talks), or read something I've written online, the themes are all the same; real-life experiences expressed in a comedic fashion.
Some cool things I'm doing or have done:
- I'm a former member of the Severn Darden Graduate Program; Second City Training Center's House Ensemble ‘Madcap’ after my recent graduation from their conservatory program.
- "BE LESS PETTY" is a bi-monthly workshop I conduct in Chicago for those interested in finding the true joys of life by being LESS petty with their time and their self-care!
- I host a weekly podcast, ‘Kellye Talks’ (now on iTunes and Soundcloud). I call this my authenticity outlet as I hold nothing back on here.
- The Chicago Sun-times named me Chicago's BOLDEST comedian...I'd agree!
- My ultimate goal is to one day be something like the love child of Oprah Winfrey & Tony Robbins. If you can picture that. (Whelp I've put it out there, so now it's gotta happen!)
In a nutshell, I love to share my experiences as a mother, a woman, a daughter, a wife, a comedian, a writer and all the in-betweens and not doing so makes me sad. :-(
Most days I'm pretty happy as I just do things that I LOVE to do! BTW that's the Secret to Success!
Hoping to see you at a show soon...
xoxo - Kellye